Thursday, July 8, 2010

OMG, I caught the rabbit

After maybe a month with this stupid rabbit on the loose, I finally caught him! It was so random, I was just doing my morning rounds and I look down at my feet and there he is. Just sitting there staring at me like no big deal. I crouched down, and scooped him up. He didn't even move or try to run, it was so crazy. I like rabbit whispered or something. I think he could sense my garden frustration and took pity on me and turned himself in. It was so like he let me catch him. I was not in control, he was.

So to celebrate I planted some seeds. After I duck proofed the garden naturally because those MFers are wicked garden killers as well. I finally feel in control of the backyard after weeks of chaos. So we have some heirloom peas and beans in the ground. And the plan for this weekend it making some raised beds for the lot. That's finally coming together after weeks of delays... I was starting to feel like a farming failure.

2 comments:

  1. Joy and celebration!!! Congratulations on the capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hopefully I can get this mess under control! Too bad nematodes don't catch rabbits, lol.

    ReplyDelete