Saturday, June 12, 2010

...like rabbits

Rabbits get pregnant...while they are pregnant. I went outside to do the evening rounds of food and guess what I found in the rabbit hutch...more baby rabbits!!! WTF! So I had to scramble and get the older rabbit babies out, luckily they had already weaned themselves and they are old enough to be separated from the mother. So we have 5 more bunnies. She must have gotten pregnant the day before she gave birth to the other ones because the first batch are 5 weeks old on monday. That poor rabbit! She hasnt had contact with a male in over a month! I really feel like these were immaculately conceived. Unless rabbits throw semen...nasty. i'm putting the first batch of babies up for sale as soon as I get some cute pictures of them, so I could use that money to get more wood for the garden.
Speaking of the garden, that big black girl rabbit keeps escaping and eating my seedlings. The garden is ruined!! I have to start from scratch! And she keeps getting out of everything I put her in. I have to solve this problem soon or I'll miss this planting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment