Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So much to do

So we have permission to farm on the empty lot next door. Now is crunch time. I have the dirt to fill the beds delivered already, I have the wood to build the beds. All that is left to get is the manure. I have to sit and wait for my special friend from the feed store to come through, since she has a truck and poo connections. Hopefully this week I'll have everything pulled together and be able to start building.

In the meantime I've built another bunny house, chicken wired the garden to keep the ducks from trampling the seedlings, a little too late though so I have to start that all over again. Acquired some pine bark for the new garden. Started new seedlings for the community garden which I have to take over today and transplant so I dont look neglectful compared to everyone else's beds.

Here's a lis of things still left to do:
tie up tomato plants
start more seedlings
mow the lot
trim goat hooves
built big duck shelter
wean the rabbit babies slowly
beehive maintenance, check queen

spray pear tree with pepper mixture to get rid of squirrels
Last year every single pear was eaten! Three pear trees and no pears! Not this year! We've hung cd's, tied fake owls up, and now we are going to make a pepper mixture to spray them. Hopefully this will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment