Monday, May 17, 2010

Scaring the neighbors


So if our poor neighbor wasn't scared enough, he's plenty scared now. The bees were delivered the day before yesterday and both of us were at work. So the mailman gave them to our neighbor. He has been such a sport about everything. He's taken all the livestock in stride, until the bees landed on his doorstep. It is kinda creepy when they arrive because they are essentially in a mesh box. You can see every single bee in there, and they have a buzz that rattles your whole body. So I could see being alarmed if you didnt have time to mentally prepare yourself. He was really nice about it and just asked if we could aim the hive in the opposite direction of his house, which is completely understandable. I think we expanded his world by a little bit that day, if he wanted expanding or not. He said he would research beekeeping to calm his reservations about a swarm of stinging insects so near to his place of residence. I thought that was nice of him... he is totally getting a jar of honey for christmas. I thought it was nice of him to catch that runaway chicken for me when I was like 7 months pregnant, but this time I think he has met his quota for nice deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment